E1DA PowerDAC V2.1
The newest PowerDAC for the Head-fi universe is released!
It is pretty much the same device as PDv2, however, now PowerDAC can work with unbalanced headphones as well. HPToy iOS/Android app was modified to get the switch for 3 output modes:1) Balanced - the same as PDv2 balanced 2.5mm TRRS up to 600mW/channel output
2) Unbalanced - you can use that mode with E1DA 2.5/3.5mm adapter to drive your unbalanced headphones, however, power in that mode is lower vs Balanced mode
3) Unbalanced Boost - the same as Unbalanced with full 600mW power but with some crossfeed effect. This is the price for the versatility of a single 2.5mm TRRS output
Also, PDv2.1 got the new USB audio bridge CT7601 Comtrue, instead of Cmedia which was far from ideal.
PDv2.1 has a soft-start function to avoid high inrush current, in fact, PDv2 may work with any Android phone without Y-splitter, if you wish to use such a power-hungry device with your phone.
This function really useful for an open back planars to "compensate" ambient noise. And limiter keeps sound distortion-free at high volumes, also you can see the output clipping indication in the app e) Preset manager allows to save/load presets and export/import(email/skype/www etc) as well to share PowerDAC settings between users f)
Intuitive Controllable Filters
7 parametric EQs, left/right gestures control frequency, up/down gain, zoom in/out Q-factor. Also available LPF/HPF and APF for phase alignment and text form Biquad control just in case. Default standard configuration: DAC+2.5/3.5 Adapter+Type B to A Cable
Superb sound quality for not a lot of money
Surprised there's no love for E1DA here on Linsoul, so I am piping up: I've owned the Powerdac2.1 now for about a year with frequent usage. I had intended to buy a HipDAC or a tubey desktop something but after using for about a week I haven't looked back.
I've got an old Marantz with 1/4" out, a couple sound interfaces w/ built-in DACs, a Fiio BTR3k as my mobile mainstay, and decades of experience with higher end home stereo and car stereo gear as comparison. The PowerDAC is my go-to amplifier when I'm in the mood for a bit of volume and active listening.
Sources: qobuz + spotify and a few FLACs over laptop and android.
I'm an EQ freak and have some 20 different pairs of headphones and IEM. The ability to save presets on the device is fantastic and you can really tailor the profile to anything. Average phones can be cleaned up, good phones will shine. The app is brilliant and simple to use, and I've never had a single issue finding the BT connection.
* Balanced output - most of my IEM have balanced cables of average quality and the detail on display here is incredible. Texture for jazz, crunch for metal, rich expressive vocals for opera. There is a great deal of detail on offer, so much so that with bright phones ambient noises in live recordings can become bothersome and send you towards the PEQ to quieten them down.
Out of the box sans preset is pretty much dead neutral running toward thin, which is where you need the starting point to be. If you're the type that wants color out of the amp, the "wet" slider is probably the only EQing necessary. Just adding a touch of warmth into the lows and it sounds great out of the box. However, you can fiddle with a full PEQ and dial in exactly what you want and there's no need to adjust it ever again.
* Unbalanced - still plenty of power here to drive most modern over-the-ears phones. Works fine with my cheaper AKG K240, K52, and Shure SRH840. I find that it loses a bit of the sound staging and depth for classical but otherwise is unnoticeable for 99% of my music. Same good technicals just less output.
Cons / Surprises:
1) I highly recommend a USB noise filter for laptops. There will be static and hissing at very low volume levels since the circuitry is pretty simple in this device. Less of an issue on mobile as the output tends to be a lot cleaner than cheap PCs. Might not be an issue on a Mac.
2) sometimes when swapping between balanced and unbalanced modes, either the device, your source, or both can get temporarily confused and one channel will cut-out. Restarting my laptop and the DAC does the trick, but when it happened the first time I thought it blew up. Nope! Just a small glitch, and it's been very reliable otherwise.
Given the cost of this device it's well worth it, and you have a small rig that sounds as good as those costing several hundreds more.
~~ BIG FAN ~~
Highly recommend this device. Can make an average set of headphones shine small adjustments to the bass/treble and loudness wet/dry controls. More in depth parametric eq is included as well with saved presets and you can create your own as well. Very impressive device well worth it.
On the day it arrived the Bluetooth gave up and the audio port ceased to function. The fact that I've had to make a video proving the Sound and Bluetooth dose not work is an equivalent to showing that the water from a tap is not hot. It's impossible.
I've not had further correlation with the staff as.they seem unwilling to help!
Hello there. Thank you for the feedback.
The internal Bluetooth function is to connect to a phone's HPTOY APP. This E1DA device only works with the HPTOY APP.
Only when the device is connected to the HPTOY APP, could it work to adjust the settings e.g. volume, EQ and etc.
Which countries do you ship to?
We are generally able to ship to most countries via Express Shipping, and many countries via Standard Shipping. You may clarify this with our team to check whether Standard Shipping is available to your country.
We cannot ship to addresses that are "PO boxes or APO/FPO".
*Note: Generally, we can only do Selected Shipping to India and Russia. We can only do Express Shipping to Africa, Argentina, Hawaii, Kuwait, Mauritius, Montenegro and Sri Lanka, to name a few.
This may be subjected to changes due to unpredictable issues such as Covid, war, and etc.
How much does shipping cost?
We have two shipping methods - Standard Shipping and Express Shipping.
Standard Shipping is free for most countries, while Express Shipping is 15-35USD depending on your country. If your order is over 270USD, Express Shipping is free*.
*This applies for most countries. However, large items such as headphones and desktop DAC/AMPs (e.g. HarmonicDyne G200, MUSICIAN MDP-2, and etc.) are excluded.
Shipping fees exclude import taxes or processing fees that may be applicable for your country. Linsoul is not responsible for such fees. Should you refuse to pay the tax/customs fees, shipping fees will still be deducted from the amount paid for thetwo-way freightcharges. The cost of the freight charges may be more than the amount reflected on your order due to tax and other miscellaneous fees.
Some parcels claimed to be “returned to the seller” may be destroyed by the post office or customs officers when buyers refuse to accept their parcels or fail to pay for their taxes.No refundwill be processed for such cases.Standard Shipping via YunExpress is a tax-inclusive option for some countries. However, Linsoul will not be responsible for additional administrative or handling fees charged by your local courier company or customs. Please kindly check this with your local customs.For certain remote areas, there may be additional charges via Express Shipping. We will contact you if there is a need to make additional payments. Please contact us before placing an order, should you have any queries regarding shipping.
How long does it take to receive the order after it is placed?
For in-stock products, your order will be shipped within 3 working days. You may check with our staff regarding the in-stock status of any products.
Customized items will take a longer time. Please contact our staff for more information.
On normal non-sale days, once your parcel has been shipped out:
- For Standard Shipping, it takes about 2-4 weeks for items to be delivered after shipping out. For some countries, it might take up to 2-3 months, depending on your country, its customs and other factors.* The duration for transit is something beyond our control. Linsoul will not be making refunds for such cases. Please consider an upgrade to Express Shipping or keep the waiting time in mind.
- For Express Shipping, it takes about 3-7 days for items to be delivered after shipping out.
*Note: Timings might be affected due to festive seasons or other unforeseen circumstances
What happens if the parcel has been shipped but not delivered?
First, kindly contact your local courier using the local tracking number.
If your parcel were to be in transit for at least 3 months, it may have been lost in transit.
For orders below $50USD, you may either opt for a one-time reshipment of parcel OR a full refund of the amount paid in cash via PayPal/Credit/Debit card.
For orders above $50USD, we will only process a 50% refund of your order paid in cash via PayPal/Credit/Debit card. Should there be any concern about Standard Shipping, you are encouraged to opt for DHL Express Shipping instead.
Customers are to bear the consequences and fees incurred, if the parcel was undelivered due to any of the following situation:
- Wrong address or phone number provided by recipient
- Recipient was uncontactable when courier company contacted
- Refusal to sign for the package by recipient
- Lost or damaged parcel because recipient opted for “no-signature delivery”
- Refusal to pay for the local tax/processing fee by recipient
- Refusal to provide supporting documents for custom clearance by recipient
Who will pay for the import tax/custom fees
Customers have to bear any form of custom/import/processing fees that are applicable for your parcel.
Should you be unwilling to pay for the fees and reject the delivery of the parcel, you will still have to pay for the shipping cost. Linsoul will only refund the amount of your order after deducting the two-way shipping fees incurred.
What shipping companies do you use?
We collaborate with these courier companies:
- Standard Shipping: 4PX, UBI, NinjaVan, and Yun Express
- Express Shipping: DHL Express, FedEx and SF Express
How do I get help for my order?
Cancellation or/and modification of orders can only be done manually via our staff, provided that our Warehouse Team has not processed your order.
As our Support Team might not be available during non-working days and weekends, please place your order wisely.
Should you really need to cancel or/and modify your order after purchase, please contact us via our support email (Support@Linsoul.com) or website chat. We will help you with the changes if that could be done.
In general, upon receiving your parcel, please confirm the contents of the package and ensure that the package is in good condition before signing for it. All customers are strongly advised to take an unboxing video of their parcel and packaging when opening their parcels and products.
For faulty/missing items, please send an email to support@Linsoul.com for after-sale services. The following details are required.
- Send an email to support@Linsoul.com with an appropriate Subject Title
- Provide your order number and state the issue clearly
- Attach photos and videos to show that your product is faulty/missing. Shipping details on the parcel packaging have to be clearly visible.
If the photos/videos provided are insufficient to prove the stated issue, we will enquire more. Once the issue has been confirmed, we will arrange for a replacement, partial refund or a full refund (where applicable). For incorrect products, Linsoul reserves all rights in deciding whether you need to return the incorrect item or not. Please kindly contact us via email first. Our team aims to review your email within 3 working days.
For other queries, the fastest way to contact us is via our website or Discord
Linsoul Audio will not be responsible for parcels that have been damaged during the transit process.
Do I get tracking details for my order?
After placing an order, you will receive the order confirmation email. After your order has been shipped out, you will also receive a tracking email. You can track your order via the tracking number online. Should you not have received the emails or face any difficulties tracking your order, please kindly contact us for support.
For more than 1 orders placed under the same account and shipping address, Linsoul will automatically combine the orders and ship them out via one tracking number. Should you have special requests to have the orders shipped separately, please kindly contact us via Discord or our website's chat. We will do our best to help.
How do I cancel my order?
Cancellation or/and modification of orders can only be done manually via our staff, provided that our Warehouse Team has not processed your order. Orders that have been shipped cannot be cancelled and modified.
As our Support Team may not be available during non-working days and weekends, please place your order wisely as support cannot be guaranteed for such requests.
Should you really need to cancel or/and modify your order after purchase, please contact us via our support email (support@Linsoul.com) or website chat. We will help you with the changes if that could be done.
30-Day Return Policy
Where should I send the product for the return process?
To initiate the return shipment, kindly send an email to support@Linsoul.com within 30 days upon receiving the sealed product(s). The RMA form and details will be provided to you via email.
When must the product be returned after receiving the RMA form and details?
After receiving the return instructions from us via email, kindly arrange the return shipment of the parcel within 5 working days, and update us with the tracking link via email again. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation of the return process.
When will I receive my refund after returning the product?
In most cases, after receiving and inspecting the returned product, your refund will be processed within 5 business days. Refunds may incur a currency exchange loss or transaction fee, depending on your source of payment (e.g. Bank or PayPal). Linsoul will not be responsible for such fees.